It’s no secret that all businesses need to know what their competitors are up to – and private clinics are no different. So, when I recently set about reviewing our price list, I decided to spend a couple of days online and on the phone to make sure that Ethos’ prices continued to represent good value to our clients and patients.
You might think that this would be a simple and straightforward exercise but, boy, was I surprised!
With a couple of stand-out exceptions, I found it really difficult to ascertain definitive prices for even the simplest of procedures. Was the consultation included? Will the procedure be carried out by a doctor, a consultant or a recently-qualified therapist? What is a ‘from’ price?
In fact, on more than a couple of occasions I was quoted different prices over the phone by the same clinic for the same procedures on the same day!
Now – to be fair – and, especially when it comes to medical dermatology, it’s often difficult to quote a final price for treatment until a doctor has examined a patient. A patient may believe she has a birthmark but, on further examination, it may turn out that she has a mole which needs urgent surgical removal.
But, all that said, what can only be described as a mind-bogglingly tortuous experience led me to the conclusion that there must be a better way.
And that, in turn, led to the Ethos Price Promise.
It’s not rocket science…we simply promise
- that all our prices are detailed clearly and transparently on our website
- that what we quote over the phone will not differ from our published online prices
- that, if the final price simply can’t be confirmed until we see you (as in the example above), we will make this clear when you book and will endeavour to give you a ballpark figure
- not to hide any nasty surprises in the small print
- never to publish ‘prices from’
- to never ever charge you for something which hasn’t been agreed first
- to always be honest, ethical and transparent
When it comes to health and wellbeing, we believe that all clinics should go the extra mile to deliver the best possible customer service. And I truly believe that the Ethos Price Promise goes a long way to achieving that goal.